PricewaterhouseCoopers and CB Insights' Q3 2017 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
To see the most recent MoneyTree Report, click here: Q1 2018
OVERALL DEAL AND DOLLAR TOTALS IN LINE WITH Q2’17
US VC-backed companies saw $19B in total funding, invested across 1,207 deals. Deals were even with last quarter, but down 6% over the same quarter last year.
GLOBAL DOLLARS BREAK $40B AGAIN
Deal activity increased 3% in Q3’17, as $42B was invested across 2,645 deals to VC-backed companies globally. This represents a 4% decrease in total funding vs. Q2’17 but remains 47% greater than Q1’17.
UNICORN BIRTHS DECLINE IN NORTH AMERICA
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity