PwC and CB Insights' Q2 2018 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
US HITS RECORDS FOR DEALS, DOLLARS, AND MEGA-ROUNDS
Dollars were up 2% in Q2’18 as a record $23B was invested across 1,416 deals. 45 mega-rounds of $100M or more contributed to the strong quarterly funding total.
ASIA FUNDING CONTINUES TO RISE, WITH 10% INCREASE FROM Q1’18
SILICON VALLEY DECREASED IN DEAL ACTIVITY
Silicon Valley deal activity declined to 166 deals in Q2’18, down from 170 in Q1. Total funding increased slightly to $3.9B. While San Francisco deals increased to 271, up from 260 in Q1.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity