PwC and CB Insights' Q1 2021 MoneyTree Headline report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding.
Q1’21 INVESTMENTS SURGE TO NEW QUARTERLY RECORD
US-based, VC-backed companies are off to a strong start in 2021 after raising over $62B in Q1’21, up 117% year-over-year (YoY) from Q1’20 and up 62% compared to Q4’20.
Deal activity increases to 1,735 deals, up 14% YoY and 5% compared to Q4’20.
NUMBER OF QUARTERLY MEGA-ROUNDS HITS NEW RECORD IN Q1’21
184 mega-rounds take place in Q1’21, versus 102 mega-rounds in Q4’20. Mega-round deal share accounts for nearly two-thirds of total funding in Q1’21 at 64%.
MEDIAN DEAL SIZE JUMPS FOR ALL FUNDING ROUNDS EXCEPT SEED
Access previous Venture Capital Funding Reports:
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity