PwC and CB Insights' Q1 2019 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
GLOBAL FUNDING AND DEAL ACTIVITY FELL IN Q1’19 FROM NEAR-RECORD LEVELS IN 2018
Global funding fell 22% in Q1’19 to $52B. Deals declined compared to Q4, falling to 3,327 from 3,508.
EAST COAST FUNDING ACTIVITY INCREASED WHILE WEST COAST DECLINED
New York Metro funding increased sharply to $4.5B, an increase of 110% over Q4’18. Silicon Valley funding fell 19% to $4B amid declining deal activity.
Q1’19 SET A NEW RECORD FOR AGGREGATE UNICORN VALUATION
Private companies worth $1B+ reached a combined value of $582B in Q1’19, the highest aggregate valuation on record.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity