PricewaterhouseCoopers and CB Insights' Q1 2018 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
US MARKET SEES MORE FUNDING OVER FEWER DEALS
Dollars to VC-backed companies were up 4% in Q1’18 over the previous quarter with $21.1B invested across 1,206 deals. Deal activity declined 2%.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE HAS A BIG QUARTER IN THE US
GLOBAL INVESTMENT REACHES $46.5B DESPITE LESS DEALS
Deal activity decreased by 4% in Q1’18, as $46.5B was invested across 2,884 deals.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity