Unicorns buying unicorns. The $8T opportunity in wellness tech. Empathy in design. Killer robots. Here are the top tech trends poised to reshape industries in 2020.
From quantum computing tech and 5G networks to cradle-to-cradle supply chains and the next wave of AR/VR, every industry will have to grapple with the changes and advances tech makes in the coming year.
The trends in our 2020 Tech Trends Report — while buttressed by data and evidence — are meant to shake our faith in steady trend lines. They point to areas where conditions are ripe for discontinuity and disruption.
Using our emerging tech insights platform, we analyzed signals like patent and investment activity, executive chatter in earnings transcripts, media mentions, and more to identify the top 14 tech trends to watch in 2020.
Our 68-page report digs into trends like:
- Broader and deeper quantum tech commercialization
- Apple doubles down on healthcare products and services
- AI bias becomes a top regulatory concern
- Radical biohacking: Biohackers push medical devices and regulators to the brink
- Empathy becomes a must-have in tech product design and development
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity