Europe venture funding, deals, and unicorns all saw explosive growth in 2021.
The venture boom hit Europe with a bang in 2021. Funding grew 142% year-over-year and the number of $100M+ mega-rounds more than tripled compared to 2020.
In our State of Venture 2021: Europe report, we dig into investment trends to unpack key takeaways like:
- The data behind the biggest year in Europe venture funding ever, up 142% year-over-year
- What drove the number of mega-rounds to cross the 200 barrier for the first time — more than tripling 2020’s tally
- Which sector the three most valuable unicorns in the region belong to
- The sector that saw more than a quarter of 2021 Europe venture funding
- How the markets of Germany, France, and the UK compare — and which country had the most startup funding
For all the insights and record figures, download the full report.