Retail tech continued its record-breaking year in a big quarter for global deals, exits, valuations, and more.
After reaching record highs in the first half of the year, retail tech private market deal activity maintained its lightning pace in Q3’21.
In our State Of Retail Tech Q3’21 Report, we dig into global investment trends to spotlight takeaways like:
- A new quarterly high in deals, up 31% YoY
- Which global region captured 40% of funding this quarter
- The new retail tech unicorns of Q3’21
- The huge deals that propelled mega-rounds to 68% of all dollars invested in Q3’21
- Which companies are exiting at multi-billion-dollar valuations — and SPAC data galore
- The top sector for funding (up 58% in Q3’21) and the sector where median deal size nearly quadrupled
- And much more
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 215-page, data-driven State Of Retail Tech Q3’21 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a boatload of private market data, download the full report.
GET THE FULL REPORT
GLOBAL DEAL COUNT SURGES 31% OVER LAST YEAR
Explore the record-breaking quarter’s deals in greater detail, including deal share breakdowns by region, investor type, deal stage, and more.
DEAL SIZES ARE BALLOONING, AVERAGING 76% BIGGER THAN LAST YEAR
See which sectors, global regions, investors, and companies are driving the growth in deal size.sign up for a free trial to learn more about our platform.