An analysis of emerging luxury trends using the CB Insights NExTT framework.
What’s next for luxury?
CB Insights examined 18 of the biggest luxury trends, covering everything from connectivity for luxury services to flying cars.
Using the NExTT framework, we looked at the industry adoption and market strength of these trends, categorizing them as necessary, experimental, threatening, or transitory (NExTT). The framework educates businesses about emerging trends and guides their decisions in accordance with their comfort with risk.
In this report, we focus on 18 trends from the Necessary and Experimental quadrants of the framework.
Trends highlighted in the report include:
- Luxury companies are increasingly looking at offering concierge-like services to lure and retain wealthy customers.
- As the number of crypto-wealthy people increases, luxury companies are starting to consider cryptocurrencies as a legitimate form of payment.
- While a certain logomania has invaded luxury fashion, brandless luxury could emerge to target luxury shoppers looking for a different experience.
- The virtual goods market is gaining momentum and could represent a significant opportunity for luxury brands.
Download the entire luxury trends report to see the top 18 trends shaping the industry.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity