An analysis of emerging P&C insurance trends using the CB Insights NExTT framework.
What’s next for property and casualty (P&C) insurance?
CB Insights examined 15 of the biggest P&C insurance trends, covering everything from geospatial analytics to commercial auto telematics.
Using the NExTT framework, we looked at the industry adoption and market strength of these trends, categorizing them as necessary, experimental, threatening, or transitory (NExTT). The framework educates businesses about emerging trends and guides their decisions in accordance with their comfort with risk.
Trends highlighted in the report include:
- Teams of hundreds of FAA-certified drone pilots could be the next claims professionals.
- The use of wearables and sensors to prevent workplace injury is gaining traction in the workers’ comp space.
- Insurers are using social media and public data to verify claims and enhance underwriting processes.
- A mandate for commercial truckers to install electronic logging devices could help drive adoption of new telematics products.
- And much more.
Download the entire P&C insurance trends report to see all 15 trends shaping the industry.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity