The healthcare sector set new records in a huge quarter for global deals, exits, valuations, and more.
Following a record-breaking Q2, healthcare sector private market deal activity continued to climb to new highs in Q3’21.
In our State Of Healthcare Q3’21 Report, we dig into global investment trends to spotlight takeaways like:
- A new deal count record, up 15% from the previous high seen last quarter
- Which global regions saw record-high and record-low deal shares
- The new healthcare unicorns of Q3’21
- The deal stage experiencing the widest YoY valuation expansion
- Which investors completed the most healthcare investments in Q3’21, and other top-ranked firms
- The healthcare sector reaching nearly $40B in total funding in 2021 YTD
- Which companies are exiting at billion-dollar valuations — and SPAC data galore
- And much more
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 229-page, data-driven State Of Healthcare Q3’21 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a boatload of private market data, download the full report.
GLOBAL DEAL COUNT REACHES NEW RECORD, 15% HIGHER THAN PREVIOUS PEAK
Explore the record-breaking quarter’s deals in greater detail, including deal share breakdowns by region, investor type, deal stage, and more.
2021 YTD DIGITAL HEALTH FUNDING already exceeds 2020 levels
See who’s leading the charge, from the startups seeing the top deals to the regions with the biggest funding booms.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity