Our healthcare report provides a data-driven look at global healthcare technology investment trends, top deals, active investors, and corporate activity.
The State Of Healthcare Q3’20 Report: Investment & Sector Trends To Watch features updates on global healthcare funding, M&A deals, partnership activity, and technology that’s gaining traction.
Our quarterly report also covers trends within specific areas of healthcare, including AI in healthcare, telehealth, medical devices, clinical trials, women’s health, mental health, and health plans & benefits management.
- Global healthcare funding saw significant growth in Q3’20, setting a new quarterly record in both deals and dollars.
- Healthcare funding in all 3 major regions — North America, Asia, and Europe — saw an uptick quarter-over-quarter. Asia-based digital health saw a nearly 3x funding increase.
- Telehealth funding reached a new record of $2.8B in Q3’20 — a 73% increase from the previous quarter — across 162 deals. This was driven by the top 5 deals, which made up nearly $900M of total quarterly funding.
- Healthcare AI companies received more than $2B in equity funding across 121 deals, setting a new high for the sector.
- Women’s health funding more than doubled in Q3’20, marking its second-strongest quarter since Q1’19. Deals climbed as well, seeing a 17% increase quarter-over-quarter.Access other State Of Healthcare Reports:
State Of Healthcare Q2 2020
State Of Healthcare Q1 2020
State Of Healthcare Q4 2019
State Of Healthcare Q3 2019
State Of Healthcare Q2 2019
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity