With another month remaining in the quarter, we present an early look at the global investment trends taking hold in Q1’21.
Our State Of Healthcare Q1’21 Preview: Investment Trends To Watch highlights key investment trends, funding activities, and projections for Q1’21 (as of 2/25/21).
- Global healthcare funding could rise for the sixth quarter in a row, while deal activity remains flat.
- Digital health funding could drop, but exits are on pace to reach new highs.
- Q1’21 has seen 43 healthcare mega-rounds ($100M+ deals) to date, with the US and China making up the majority of these deals.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity