We dive into the evolution of last-mile delivery and what solutions will look like in 2030, from autonomous delivery systems to digital twins.
The future of last-mile delivery will be built on key technologies such as:
- Autonomous delivery systems, which leverage a combination of self-driving cars, sidewalk robots, and drones to minimize last-mile inefficiencies
- En-route manufacturing, which brings fulfillment closer to the end customer, enabling faster delivery at a lower cost
- Robotic stores on wheels to bring the shopping experience to the consumer’s doorstep, driving delivery volume with added convenience
- Delivery lockers and storage systems that improve the economics of last-mile delivery and facilitate reverse logistics
- Digital twins to optimize the flow of resources across the supply chain, generating efficiencies in the delivery journey
Below, we dive into these technologies: how they work, who has an edge, and how they’re shaping the future of last-mile delivery.
up for a free trial to learn more about our platform.