In our first ever Future of Insurance Keynote presentation, we dive into changes across the P&C industry and innovation efforts across the space.
Today, P&C insurance in the US is a $617B industry that is becoming more and more competitive each year.
As competition increases, insurers are adopting a spate of new enabling technologies, while digital insurgents are also looking to become new distribution machines or insurance providers themselves. Last year saw more than $4B invested in insurance technology companies globally.
In this presentation, we analyze why change is coming to P&C, the two types of P&C innovation, why speed is more important than ever, and how incumbents should prioritize.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity