A comprehensive, data-driven look at emerging trends, investments, and active investors in France.
DOLLAR FUNDING TO FRENCH TECH ON PACE TO REACH RECORD HIGH
2018 dollar funding is on pace to surpass 2017 totals by 17%, reaching $3.7B by year-end. While dollar funding is increasing, deal activity has stagnated, on pace to decrease by 4% in 2017 to 722 deals.
Q2’18 SEES A RISE IN QUARTERLY DEALS AND DOLLARS
Quarterly dollar funding increased by more than $140M between Q1’18 and Q2’18. The largest deals of the quarter have helped drive this spike — including a $200M private equity round of funding to gaming startup Voodoo from investor Goldman Sachs.
BPIFRANCE MOST ACTIVE INVESTOR FOR Q2’18
Bpifrance was the most active investor in equity deals to unique French Tech companies in Q2’18 (33 deals), a 65% increase in deals from Q1’18. Kima Ventures placed second (13 deals).
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity