A comprehensive, data-driven look at emerging trends, investments, and active investors in France.
2019 DOLLAR FUNDING OFF TO A STRONG START
By the end of 2019, funding is on pace to grow by more than $1B beyond 2018 totals. Q1’19 dollar funding has been driven by a number of substantial deals, 7 of which were $50M+.
MOBILE SECTOR SEES RESURGENCE IN DEAL SHARE
While the internet sector’s deal share has remained steady over the past few quarters, the mobile sector’s deal share rebounded to 20% in Q1’19.
KIMA VENTURES MOST ACTIVE PRIVATE INVESTOR IN Q1’19
While Bpifrance was the most active overall investor in equity deals to unique French Tech companies in Q1’19, Kima Ventures ranked as the most active private investor, a title it retains from 2018.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity