This report analyzes emerging trends across food, beverage, and household essentials categories using the CB Insights NExTT framework.
CB Insights analyzed 15 emerging trends in food, beverage, and household essentials categories, ranging from plant-based meat to tech-enabled vending machines.
Using the NExTT framework, we looked at the industry adoption and market strength of these food & beverage trends, categorizing them as necessary, experimental, threatening, or transitory (NExTT). The framework educates businesses about emerging trends.
Report highlights include:
- How the meatless (plant-based meat) trend progressed last year and which startups are carrying this trend forward
- Examining the rise of cannabis-infused food & beverages and the catalysts & barriers that will determine the future of this market
- How increased attention around sustainability is helping fuel new business models oriented around reusable packaging
- Why fast-changing consumer demands are forcing companies to revamp their approach to product innovation and how incumbents are responding
Download the report to see how all 15 trends will shape the industry in 2020.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity