Fintech sees another strong quarter, with record deal and funding activity across the globe in 2021 YTD.
Following a record-breaking Q2, global fintech private market deal activity remained elevated in Q3’21.
In our State of Fintech Q3’21 Report, we dive into global investment trends to spotlight takeaways including:
- The second-highest quarter on record for fintech financing, up 147% YoY
- Top equity deals of the quarter, including 3 of the top 5 raised outside the US
- The new fintech unicorns of Q3’21 — including an $18B addition
- Which sector, from payments to digital lending to capital markets tech, saw a blockbuster $2B quarter
- The investor making the most fintech deals, and other top-ranked firms
- Another strong quarter for M&As, and the 13 billion-dollar exits (including IPOs & SPACs) driving totals
- The deal stages experiencing the most dramatic YoY valuation expansion
- And much more
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 236-page, data-driven State Of Fintech Q3’21 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a ton of private market data, download the full 236-page report.
2021 YTD FINTECH FUNDING ALREADY SURPASSES 2020 LEVELS
See who’s leading the charge, from the startups seeing the top deals to the regions with the biggest funding booms.
2021 HAS BEEN THE YEAR OF THE $100M+ MEGA-ROUNDS, WITH DEALS More Than tripling in Q3’21 YoY
See which companies are driving the biggest funding rounds in Q3’21 across deal stages, geography, and sectors.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity