A comprehensive, data-driven look at global financial technology investment trends, top deals, active investors, and corporate activity.
VC-BACKED FINTECH COMPANIES RAISE $5.2B ACROSS 251 DEALS IN Q2’17
Investment dollars to VC-backed fintech companies in 2017 are on pace to rise 19% from 2016, at the current run rate. Global fintech deal activity could surpass 2016’s all-time high if the rest of the year sustains H1’17’s deal pace.
26 FINTECH UNICORNS GLOBALLY VALUED AT $83.8B
Q2’17 saw five new fintech unicorns Clover, Symphony, Robinhood, AvidXchange, and Tuandaiwang. North America leads with 15 fintech unicorns, followed by Asia with 7, and Europe with 4.
US SEES HUGE QUARTER FOR $50M+ INVESTMENTS
In Q2’17, US VC-backed fintech companies raised twelve rounds of financing worth $50M+. Six of these companies, AvidXchange, Bright Health, Addepar, Clover, Robinhood, and R3 raised $100M+ each.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity