We visualize where US banks are placing strategic bets on fintech companies across payments, capital markets, SMB, real estate, and more.
Despite the economic uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, the largest US banks continue to make equity investments in fintech companies.
Using CB Insights data, we looked at the emerging trends across leading US banks’ investments, partnerships, and M&A in fintech.
Report highlights include:
- Profiles of the most active US bank investors in fintech and highlights of select portfolio companies.
- Spotlights on the capital markets, wealth & asset management, and SMB fintech categories, which continue to garner investor interest.
- Internal partnership and M&A strategies from leading banks.
Download the report to see where the largest US banks are placing bets in fintech to future-proof their business models and fend off upstart competitors.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity