This report uses the CB Insights Execution & Market Strength Positioning (ESP) Matrix to analyze vendors that deliver telehealth platforms for healthcare providers.
Why are telehealth platforms so critical?
- Telehealth adoption skyrocketed during the pandemic. Now, researchers anticipate that many of the low acuity visits currently being treated online won’t return to the office. McKinsey forecasts that as much as $250B in healthcare services will permanently shift to virtual.
- Providers are implementing telehealth platforms to increase patient acquisition, improve patient retention, and grow practice revenues. All providers stand to gain, from solo practices to national health systems.
What key outcomes do telehealth platforms drive?
- Sustained patient access amid local Covid surges
- Increased patient volumes through new patient acquisitions
- Increased patient volumes through improved patient retention
- Improved patient net promoter score
- Medical cost savings through reductions in use of high-cost services
Who are the telehealth platform vendors?
Given time and cost associated with moving operations online, healthcare providers are increasingly looking to technology vendors to help them manage these efforts.
We surveyed the players in this space and have mapped the leading players using our ESP research methodology into 1 of 4 categories: Leaders, Outperformers, Highfliers, and Challengers.
The technology vendors that are ultimately featured in this ESP Vendor Assessment include:
What companies are adopting telehealth platforms?
In this ESP Vendor Assessment, we look at which companies have adopted telehealth platforms and mention organizations including:
- Advent Health
- Banner Health
- Central Maine Healthcare
- Sanitas Medical Centers
- Unified Women’s Healthcare
What roles or functions are buying telehealth platforms?
In our discussions with telehealth platform vendors, decisions and influence for these decisions often reside with the below functions or businesses and with these specific titles:
- Health Systems — Chief medical officer, chief medical informatics officer, chief finance officer, chief marketing officer, VP of innovation
- Health Insurers — CTO, chief information officer, chief medical officer, chief innovation officer, chief strategy officer, chief marketing officer
- Employers — Chief human resources officer, VP/director of benefits, chief finance officer
Want to dig deeper into the telehealth platform market?
CB Insights clients can download the entire 58-page ESP report using the sidebar to see our full analysis of this technology market.
The full report includes discussion of:
- Market need & traction
- Market stats & data
- Rich company profiles
- Insights into customer/peer adoption
If you are looking to understand the telehealth platform vendor landscape, readying your org for an RFP, or initiating any type of vendor selection process, download this ESP Vendor Assessment.