This report uses the CB Insights Execution & Market Strength Positioning (ESP) Matrix to analyze vendors that deliver pharmaceutical supply chain visibility solutions in healthcare.
Why is pharmaceutical supply chain visibility so critical?
- The pharmaceutical industry loses nearly $35B each year due to failures
in transporting and storing products. This problem has received more
attention due to the recently approved Covid-19 vaccines, which require
consistent storage at low temperatures.
- Supply chain visibility solutions offer real-time insight into medication distribution and delivery, enabling pharmaceutical companies to ensure product availability, decrease counterfeiting risk, and take preventative measures against supply chain disruptions.
What key outcomes do pharmaceutical supply chain visibility solutions drive?
- Lower penalties related to late arrivals
- Reduced supply chain emergency costs
- Reduced customer service labor costs
- Decreased dwell and detention costs
- Lower direct and indirect logistics costs
- On-time performance improvement
- Accurate real-time location and condition information
Who are the pharmaceutical supply chain visibility vendors?
Given the losses associated with supply chain failures, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly looking to technology vendors to help them manage these issues with improved data analytics.
We surveyed the players in this space and have mapped the leading players using our ESP research methodology into 1 of 4 categories: Leaders, Outperformers, Highfliers, and Challengers.
The technology vendors that are ultimately featured in this ESP Vendor Assessment include:
What companies are adopting pharmaceutical supply chain visibility solutions?
In this ESP Vendor Assessment, we look at which companies have adopted pharmaceutical supply chain visibility solutions and mention the following organizations:
- Cardinal Health
- CSafe Global
- Novo Nordisk
What roles or functions are buying pharmaceutical supply chain visibility solutions?
In our discussions with supply chain visibility solutions vendors and buyers, decisions and influence for these decisions often reside with the below functions or businesses and with these specific titles:
- Supply Chain — VP/Director of Supply Chain, Director of Risk
- Logistics — VP/Director of Logistics, Director of Transportation
- Accounting & Finance — CFO, Director of Procurement
- Operations — VP of Operations, Director of Quality
Want to dig deeper into the pharmaceutical supply chain visibility market?
CB Insights clients can download the entire 48-page ESP report using the sidebar to see our full analysis of this technology market.
The full report includes discussion of:
- Market need & traction
- Market stats & data
- Rich company profiles
- Insights into customer/peer adoption
If you are looking to understand the pharmaceutical supply chain visibility vendor landscape, readying your org for an RFP, or initiating any type of vendor selection process, download this ESP Vendor Assessment.