This report uses the CB Insights Execution & Market Strength Positioning (ESP) Matrix to analyze vendors that deliver patient data privacy solutions in healthcare.
Why is patient data privacy so critical?
- Healthcare providers with unprotected patient data run the risk of fines and data breaches. For example, in 2020, US healthcare provider data breaches rose 30% year-over-year to 514.
- AI-enabled privacy solutions identify, classify, and monitor sensitive data, reducing the manual burden of compliance and security and creating better outcomes with reduced cost.
What key outcomes do patient data privacy solutions drive?
- Reduce false positives for inappropriate patient data access
- Decrease the time required to complete compliance audits
- Increase the use of analytics and artificial intelligence on patient data to improve efficiency and patient outcomes
- Identify sensitive data at risk
- Apply appropriate protections to sensitive data
Who are the patient data privacy vendors?
Given the fines and costs associated with compliance and security, hospitals are increasingly looking to technology vendors to help them manage these efforts.
We surveyed the players in this space and have mapped the leading players using our ESP research methodology into 1 of 4 categories: Leaders, Outperformers, Highfliers, and Challengers.
The technology vendors that are ultimately featured in this ESP Vendor Assessment include:
What companies are adopting patient data privacy solutions?
In this ESP Vendor Assessment, we look at which companies have adopted patient data privacy solutions and mention the following organizations:
- Kaiser Permanente
- MaineGeneral Health
- Mayo Clinic
- Nebraska Methodist Health System
- The NHS
What roles or functions are buying patient data privacy solutions?
In our discussions with data privacy solutions vendors and buyers, decisions and influence for these decisions often reside with the below functions or businesses and with these specific titles:
- Information security — chief information security officer (CISO) or chief security officer
- Information technology — chief information officer (CIO) or chief technology officer (CTO)
- Compliance — general counsel or chief compliance/risk officer
- Data science/analytics — chief data officer (CDO) or head of data science and analytics
Want to dig deeper into the patient data privacy market?
CB Insights clients can download the entire 51-page ESP report using the sidebar to see our full analysis of this technology market.
The full report includes discussion of:
- Market need & traction
- Market stats & data
- Rich company profiles
- Insights into customer/peer adoption
If you are looking to understand the patient data privacy vendor landscape, readying your org for an RFP, or initiating any type of vendor selection process, download this ESP Vendor Assessment.