This report uses the CB Insights Execution & Market Strength Positioning (ESP) Matrix to analyze vendors that deliver factory analytics solutions in manufacturing.
Why are factory analytics platforms so critical?
- From 2015 to 2020, manufacturers worldwide increased spend on Internet-of-Things (IoT) products by 4x, sparking an uptick in the generation of new data.
- Factory analytics platforms put data collected by devices like industrial sensors to work by using it to provide broad visibility into manufacturing operations.
What key outcomes do factory analytics platforms drive?
- Improved overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Increased throughput
- Yield improvement
- Energy savings
- Emissions reduction
- Reduction in safety incidents
- Improved procedural adherence
Who are the factory analytics platform vendors?
Given narrow margins and strained supply chains, factories are increasingly looking to technology vendors to help them manage production efforts.
We surveyed the players in this space and have mapped the leading players using our ESP research methodology into 1 of 4 categories: Leaders, Outperformers, Highfliers, and Challengers.
The technology vendors that are ultimately featured in this ESP Vendor Assessment include:
What companies are adopting factory analytics solutions?
In this ESP Vendor Assessment, we look at which companies have adopted factory analytics solutions and mention organizations including:
- General Electric
What roles or functions are buying factory analytics solutions?
In our discussions with factory analytics solutions vendors and buyers, decisions and influence for these decisions often reside with the below functions or businesses and with these specific titles:
- Manufacturing — plant manager, VP of manufacturing, process engineer
- Quality — VP of quality center of excellence, quality engineer
- Information technology — Chief information officer (CIO), director of analytics
- Research and development — VP of R&D, head of data science
Want to dig deeper into the factory analytics platform market?
CB Insights clients can download the entire 40-page ESP report using the sidebar to see our full analysis of this technology market.
The full report includes discussion of:
- Market need & traction
- Market stats & data
- Rich company profiles
- Insights into customer/peer adoption
If you are looking to understand the factory analytics platform vendor landscape, readying your org for an RFP, or initiating any type of vendor selection process, download this ESP Vendor Assessment.