The digital health sector set new records in 2021 for global deals, exits, valuations, and more.
Global deals and dollars to digital health startups reached new highs in 2021. Funding to the sector grew 79% YoY to reach a record $57.2B.
In our State Of Digital Health 2021 Report, we dig into global investment trends to spotlight takeaways like:
- A new deal count record, up 16% from 2020
- Which global region raised the most funding in 2021, and which emerging regions are heating up
- The record unicorn count, unicorn birth trends, and the highest-valued unicorns to close out the year
- The deal stage that saw a 3X increase in median deal valuation
- Which investors completed the most digital health investments in 2021, and other top-ranked firms
- Which digital health subindustry reached nearly $18B in total funding in 2021
- How 2021’s M&A, IPO, and SPAC exits compare to previous years
- And much more
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 186-page, data-driven State Of Digital Health 2021 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a boatload of private market data, download the full report.
Get the Excel file with all the underlying data found in this report
GLOBAL FUNDING REACHES NEW RECORD, 79% HIGHER THAN 2020
See who’s leading the explosion in global digital health funding, from the startups seeing the biggest deals to the regions with the largest funding booms.
2021 DIGITAL HEALTH M&A ACTIVITY LEAPS AHEAD OF 2020 LEVELS
See which digital health sectors are experiencing the most exit activity in 2021, including M&As, IPOs, and SPACs.
If you aren’t already a client, sign up for a free trial to learn more about our platform.