An extensive review of the startups, emerging technologies, and Big Tech innovations on the cutting edge of data security.
Suddenly, everyone’s focused on cybersecurity.
Cyber breaches and leaks are top of mind for the C-suite across industries from finance to healthcare and beyond. Keeping enterprise data secure is one of the biggest challenges corporations now face.
In fact, corporations increased the number of times they mentioned cybersecurity on earnings calls nearly three-fold since 2014, according to CB Insights data. The increase in cybersecurity talk is not surprising given the fact that last year, stolen data records worldwide exceeded 2 billion.
This report focuses on identifying data security startups to watch, the impact of of emerging technologies such as AI and blockchain on data security, data security’s holy grail, and the data security patent application activity of Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Apple.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity