An analysis of emerging cybersecurity trends using the CB Insights NExTT framework.
What’s next for cybersecurity?
CB Insights examined 15 of the biggest cybersecurity trends, covering everything from zero-knowledge proofs to Identity-as-a-Service.
Using the NExTT framework, we looked at the industry adoption and market strength of these trends, categorizing them as necessary, experimental, threatening, or transitory (NExTT). The framework educates businesses about emerging trends and guides their decisions in accordance with their comfort with risk.
Trends highlighted in the report include:
- Homomorphic encryption keeps data secure while it’s in use — which is why it’s often considered the “holy grail” of enterprise data security.
- Quantum computers threaten to undo all modern forms of cryptography. They will also be critical to defending the future of enterprise data security in the coming quantum age.
- With the growing need to prevent data manipulation and comply with new privacy regulations, data provenance systems will become increasingly important.
Download the entire cybersecurity trends report to see the top 15 trends shaping the industry.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity