PwC and CB Insights' Q3 2018 Canadian MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding in Canada.
Canadian VC funding declines for second straight quarter, after record Q1
VC investment in Canadian companies fell 42% to $541M in Q3’18.
Early-stage rounds jump in Q3’18 to 30% of all Canadian deals
Early-stage rounds increased as a percentage of Canadian deals, rising to 30%. Later stage deals declined to just 2% of all deals, down from 8% in Q2.
AI funding falls in Q3’18 after record Q2
Investment in Canadian AI companies fell in Q3’18 to $106M over 9 deals, following a record Q2.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity