Blockchain and crypto startups saw quarterly highs in funding, mega-rounds, unicorn births, and more — contributing to an already record-shattering year.
Following a record-breaking Q2, global blockchain/crypto venture funding continued to climb to new highs in Q3’21.
In our State Of Blockchain Q3’21 Report, we dig into global investment trends to spotlight takeaways including:
- A record-shattering year for blockchain/crypto financing, already up 384% vs. 2020
- Top equity deals of the quarter, including 6 of the top 10 raised outside the US
- The new unicorns of Q3’21 and where the total blockchain/crypto unicorn count stands
- The investor making the most blockchain/crypto deals
- Which blockchain category had the biggest funding quarter
- The category that has seen a funding increase of over 6,000% compared to 2020
- And much more
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 177-page, data-driven State Of Blockchain Q3’21 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a ton of private market data, download the full report.
bLOCKCHAIN FUNDING HAS TAKEN OFF THIS YEAR, WITH 2021 YTD ALREADY UP 384% VS. 2020
See who’s leading the explosion in global funding, from the startups seeing the top deals to the regions with the biggest funding booms.
Q3 SEES RECORD $100M+ MEGA-ROUNDS, UP 15X YOY
See the startups and investors that notched the quarter’s biggest deals.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity