An analysis of emerging blockchain trends using the CB Insights NExTT framework.
What’s next for blockchain technology?
CB Insights examined 18 of the biggest blockchain trends, covering everything from bitcoin mining to security tokens to smart contract platforms.
Using the NExTT framework, we looked at the industry adoption and market strength of these trends, categorizing them as necessary, experimental, threatening, or transitory (NExTT).
The report answers these questions and many more:
- Can decentralized exchanges operate in tandem with US securities regulations?
- Could more stability could bring mainstream adoption to cryptocurrencies?
- Could blockchain give individuals the ability to control and sell their own user data?
Download the entire blockchain trends report to see all 18 trends shaping the industry.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity