A comprehensive, data-driven look at technology investment trends, top deals, active investors and strategic activity in Asia.
$106 BILLION INVESTED ACROSS 5,019 DEALS SINCE 2012
In 2017 year-to-date, $19.3B has been invested across 458 deals to Asian-headquartered tech companies with venture capital funding. At the current run-rate deals are on pace to increase by 14% over 2016 totals, while funding is on pace to grow by 132%.
ASIA TECH UNICORN CREATION DROPS FROM 2015 HIGH
On an annual basis, the creation of private companies with a valuation of a billion dollars or more declined 26% YoY from its peak in 2015 and has not seen a major pickup thus far in 2017 YTD.
MEGA-ROUNDS IN ASIA TECH BOUNCE BACK IN Q1’17
The number of $50M+ financings to VC-backed Asia tech companies rose 39% on a quarterly basis in Q1’17 to hit a fivequarter high.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity