Fintech super apps such as Ant Financial are expanding beyond payments into broader financial services platforms.
With a valuation of $150B, Ant Financial would rank among the top 10 largest banks and internet companies in the world.
By accumulating massive amounts of transaction data, locking in users with features such as money management, building out higher-margin marketplace businesses, and launching innovative features to boost engagement, Ant is building a playbook for how fintech super apps around the world will develop.
In this report, we analyze Ant Financial’s playbook, the markets in which the fintech super app playbook is moving to next, and opportunities and considerations for incumbents.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity