A look at 13 AI trends reshaping industries and economies.
China is racing ahead in AI. Deep learning is getting a make over. AI is coming to Cannabis tech. Artificial intelligence is changing the fundamental structure of every industry in areas ranging from agriculture to cybersecurity to commerce to healthcare, and more.
We’re interacting with technology in new ways, from giving voice commands to washer-dryers to playing advanced gesture-controlled video games. Governments are competing to establish superior AI research, seeing AI as a lever for greater economic influence and power. We’re also in the early stages of drastic shifts in the labor market.
CB Insights examined our database for the metrics and trajectories of thousands of AI companies globally to bring you 13 artificial intelligence trends our analysts will be watching in 2018. These range from China’s ambitious plans to the emergence of capsule networks to 6-figure salaries for AI specialists.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity