The legendary investor has more than doubled its annual investments this year. From NFTs to gaming to creator platforms, we dig into the data to see where a16z is placing its bets on the future.
2021 has been a landmark year for Andreessen Horowitz (a16z).
The investor has seen a record 43 portfolio companies exit via M&A and IPO, including 3x more IPOs this year than any previous year on record.
Deal-making too has accelerated dramatically. 2021 has already seen more than double a16z’s previous annual deal record.
We mined CB Insights data to track a16z’s investments over the past 5 years to see where the firm identifies the next big opportunity — and where it’s pumping the brakes.
Download the full report to see the investor’s activity across areas like:
- NFTs, crypto exchanges, and other blockchain-based tech
- The metaverse
- Self-driving vehicles
- And many more
GET THE FULL REPORT
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity