It was a record year for AI with $66B+ in funding, a surge in M&A activity, and a 5x increase in unicorn births.
2021 was a year of unprecedented AI private market activity.
In our State of AI 2021 Report, we dig into global investment trends such as:
- A new global funding record — funding doubled compared to 2020
- The sectors drawing record numbers of $100M+ mega-rounds – including companies raising billion-dollar rounds
- Record number of new unicorn births and the regions with the most AI unicorns today
- AI companies with $1B+ exit valuations
- The private equity and asset/investment management groups doubling down on AI investments
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 147-page, data-driven State of AI 2021 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a boatload of private market data, download the full report.
Global funding up 108% YoY
See which sectors are driving AI funding and the startups raising billion-dollar rounds.
GET THE FULL REPORT
65 new AI unicorns globally
Get the details on the most valuable private AI companies in the world. See which regions and sectors are minting billion-dollar startups.sign up for a free trial to learn more about our platform.