An analysis of emerging AI trends using the CB Insights NExTT framework.
What’s next for AI?
CB Insights examined 25 of the biggest AI trends, covering everything from next-gen prosthetics to crop monitoring.
Using the NExTT framework, we looked at the industry adoption and market strength of these trends, categorizing them as necessary, experimental, threatening, or transitory (NExTT). The framework educates businesses about emerging trends and guides their decisions in accordance with their comfort with risk.
Trends highlighted in the report include:
- Contextual understanding of e-commerce search terms is moving out of the “experimental phase,” but widespread adoption is still a long ways off.
- Deep learning has fueled the majority of the AI applications today. It may now get a makeover thanks to capsule networks.
- Using neural networks, researchers in advanced healthcare biometrics are starting to study and measure atypical risk factors that were previously difficult to quantify.
- Access to large, labeled datasets is necessary for training AI algorithms. Realistic fake data may solve the bottleneck.
Download the entire AI trends report to see all 25 trends shaping the industry.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity