An analysis of emerging advanced manufacturing trends using the CB Insights NExTT framework.
What’s next for advanced manufacturing technology?
CB Insights examined 14 of the biggest advanced manufacturing trends, covering everything from industrial sensors to machine vision to 3D printing.
Using the NExTT framework, we looked at the industry adoption and market strength of these trends, categorizing them as necessary, experimental, threatening, or transitory (NExTT). The framework educates businesses about emerging trends and guides their decisions in accordance with their comfort with risk.
Trends highlighted in the report include:
- Robots/cobots are getting smaller, smarter, and more closely integrated with human tasks
- Analytics software moves from reactive to proactive
- Augmented reality could transform worker training and safety in complex manufacturing
- New blockchain initiatives for 3D printing, IoT, and security prototypes will likely come under scrutiny
- And much more
Download the entire advanced manufacturing trends report to see all 14 trends shaping the industry.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity