Our Q3 Venture Capital Activity Report (download the 61 page report for free here) saw some great analysis by smart folks including venture capitalists, startup entrepreneurs, journalists and analysts who took the time to dive into our data to offer their insights and perspective.
We wanted to highlight some that we’ve spotted below which we thought were insightful and interesting (in no particular order). Our most interesting mention came via Mayor Mike Bloomberg of NY who stepped into the New York vs. Boston venture capital debate with the following tweet.
— Mike Bloomberg (@MikeBloomberg) October 15, 2010
Two VCs, Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures and Rob Go of NextView Ventures discussed the Boston vs. NY venture funding landscape.
- Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures | A Tale of Two Cities
- Rob Go of NextView Ventures | A Tale of More than Two Cities
Journalists, technology bloggers, startup entrepreneurs and analyst perspectives below:
- CNET | Optimistic Outlook for Venture Financing by Dave Rosenberg
- GigaOm | By the Numbers: Seed Funding is the New Black by Om Malik
- IT World | Internet Venture Capital Action Stalls in Q3 by Chris Nerney
- Mass High Tech | VCs Investing Less in Massachusetts Startups by Galen Moore
- MedCity News | Healthcare Venture Deals Jump 33% in Q3 by Brandon Glenn
- New York Observer | New York Beating Boston in Number of New Startups by Ben Popper
- ReadWriteWeb | Overall Investment Dollars Down But Seed Deals Strong by Audrey Watters
- Silicon Alley Insider | Everything You Need to Know About Who Is Getting VC Money by Nick Saint
- Startable | What is Going on With Massachusetts Early Stage Funding by Healy Jones
- TechFlash | A Positive Uptick in VC Activity as Seed Stage Deals Bloom by John Cook
- Xconomy | Venture Trend Toward Smaller-Size Deals Continues as Survey Shows Big Q3 Funding Surge in Texas, Drop in Massachusetts by Bruce Bigelow
If you’d written about our Q3 data and we missed you, please just email us and we’ll add your post.If you aren’t already a client, sign up for a free trial to learn more about our platform.