Last week’s rally in funding activity was short lived, as private company financing fell to $232 million with only 88 deals recorded in the past week (versus $499 million and 126 deals in the prior week). California retained the top position taking in over 50% of the total funding for the week. Even though it wasn’t a strong week of funding for Massachusetts, the state regained the second spot just edging out North Carolina. The Top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Maryland and Oregon. This is the third time in four weeks that North Carolina has made the funding list. This recent surge in activity has lifted North Carolina to sixth overall in funding for the third quarter to-date. The funding list continues to introduce new players as Maryland joins for the first time this year. This past week was also only the second time in the past six months that Oregon has made the list. Finally with only a week to go in the quarter, it looks to be a close race between Washington and New York for the third most funded location for the quarter. Our Q3 venture capital activity report will determine who won out in the quarter ultimately. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (they may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity