The healthcare industry has been radically disrupted amid Covid-19, affecting players across sectors and geographies. We highlight the latest funding trends, most well-funded startups, and emerging solutions in healthcare in this research guide.
The Covid-19 pandemic has transformed healthcare as we know it, as consumer needs and behavior have shifted radically given shelter-in-place orders. From surging demand for telemedicine and mental health solutions to big tech’s accelerated expansion into healthcare, we rounded up all of our research from Q2’20 covering the most pressing healthcare trends below.
Global Healthcare Trends
The pandemic has forced governments, industry players, and tech incumbents to adapt and innovate healthcare initiatives in the face of surging demand, with investors across the globe pouring money into sectors such as healthcare AI, infectious disease and life-support devices, and mental health. Read more about their biggest moves in the following briefs.
- State of Healthcare Q1’20 Report: Investment & Sector Trends To Watch
- Webinar: Global Healthcare Trends Q1 2020 And The Pandemic Impact
- Global Healthcare Funding Increased as North America Saw A Huge Jump In Investment
- How Covid-19 Is Pushing Healthcare Stakeholders, Governments, And Tech Giants To Innovate
- Big Tech In Healthcare: How Tech Giants Are Targeting The $3T Industry
- Webinar: With Covid-19 In The Spotlight, How Is Big Tech Betting On Healthcare Startups?
- Mapping Healthcare Unicorns Across the Globe
- Is Global Healthcare Funding Set For A Rebound This Quarter?
- Q&A: Global Healthcare Trends Q1’20 And The Pandemic Impact
While healthcare deals plunged in Q1’20, equity funding surpassed $14.6B in Q1’20, indicating that investors are making more concentrated bets. From category spotlights to the most active investors, we dive deeper into specific funding and valuation trends across sectors and geographies in the posts below.
- What We Can Learn From Healthcare Smart Money VC Bets In Telehealth, AI, Gene Therapy, & More
- Here Are Q1’s Most Active Healthcare Investors
- Mental Health Startups Saw Record Funding In Q1’20
- What Happened to China-Based Healthcare Funding In Q1’20?
- These 4 Healthcare Sectors Were Bright Spots In Q1’20
- Early Stage Sexual Wellness Startups Are Seeing An Increase In Investor Interest
Digital health has seen renewed attention amid the pandemic, from telehealth to remote monitoring. We highlight some of the top-funded startups around the globe in these infographics.
- The United States Of Digital Health Startups
- The Top 10 Most Well-Funded US Digital Health Startups Over Time
- Startup Continent: The Most Well-Funded Digital Health Startups In Europe
- The Top 150 Digital Health Startups Of 2019: Where Are They Now?
For more pandemic coverage, check out our guide to all of our healthcare, retail, AI, industrial, fintech, and funding trends research relevant to Covid-19 here.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity