CB Insights, in conjunction with Silicon Valley Bank and the Angel Resource Institute, recently released the Q2 2014 Halo Report. The full 25-page angel investing report includes breakdowns by industry and geography as well as valuation trends. In addition, the most active angel groups for Q2 are named.
Highlights of the Q2 2014 Halo Report include:
- Pre-Money Valuations Climb to $3M. Median pre-money valuations rose to $3.0 million in Q2 2014 from $2.7 million in Q1, and after several steady quarters at $2.5 million.
- Angel Round Size Falls. Median angel financing rounds fall to $600k in Q2 2014 – down 40% from Q1; remain flat versus Q2 2013 where the median round size was $595k.
- Everything’s Bigger in Texas. Texas enters the top three regions in terms of angel deal volume with a 12% share, following California (19%) and New England (16%).
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity