Our Q1 2010 Venture Capital Activity Report highlighted the fact that early stage investing took a bit of a breather after three prior quarters of growth on both a dollars and deals basis. The number of early-stage deals remained largely consistent dropping only 4% vs. the prior quarter but dollars invested in early stage deals fell nearly 21%. Notably, this trend of smaller deals was visible across all stages of investment – not just early stage deals.
To search through the quarter’s early stage deals, please logon to CB Insights.
To receive weekly dealflow data and private company analytics, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity