To receive weekly dealflow data and news of high growth private companies, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
Private company financing had another strong week as deal volume hit a twelve week high and funding exceeded $500 million. May funding has already eclipsed April by $200 million. Massachusetts took over the top spot in funding for the week as California had one of its lowest funding weeks of the year. The strong funding for the week was also supported by deals in Utah and North Carolina, which took the number three and four positions. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity