Private company financing picked up momentum last week with an increase in both deal volume and funding, as deal volume was up more than 20%. California was the top-funded state this past week, followed by newcomer Wisconsin. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Massachusetts, New Jersey and Vermont. This was the first week that Vermont has made it to the top of the weekly table and the third return for New Jersey this year. New York failed to make a Top 5 appearance in our funding table for the third consecutive week, but did have the third highest number of deals last week. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity