To receive weekly dealflow data and future quarterly reports, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
Private company financing activity continued to accelerate last week, as deal volume hit a new 10 week high. While activity was up for the week, the funding dollars were lower compared to last week with median deal size 30% lower. This trend towards a higher number of smaller deals was one we observed in our Q1 2010 Venture Capital Activity Report as well. The geographic breakdown of the week’s deals saw the usual suspects of California, New York and Massachusetts rounding out the top three positions in both deal volume and dollars of funding. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity