This week saw a changing of the guard as New York fell out of the top 5 standings (7th in Funding). Overall private company financing recorded a favorable week as funding approached $500 million, but deal volume declined compared to last week. This week saw a significant jump in median deal value, which came in 27% higher than last week. California held onto the top spot in terms of funding and deals. The other states leading this weeks’ funding league table were Massachusetts, Colorado, Illinois and Texas. This is the second week in a row that Colorado broke into the top 5 and as per our recent analysis it seems Illinois based private companies continue to attract significant amounts of financing. Texas had a strong showing this week and recorded a twelve week high in deal volume. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity