Private company financing cooled off last week with a decline in both deal volume and funding, the lowest level of financing we have seen in the past six weeks. California and Massachusetts were the top-funded states this past week, followed by Pennsylvania, Texas and Minnesota. Texas ranks in the top 5 for a second straight week and both Pennsylvania and Minnesota funding reached a twelve week high. It should also be noted that New York once again failed to make a Top 5 appearance in our funding league table; however, the Empire state did have the second highest number of deals last week. So it would seem that deal activity is strong but financiers are making smaller bets. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity