Private companies pulled in over $500 million in funding this past week, setting up the second quarter for a strong finish. The geographic breakdown of the week’s funding saw the usual suspects of California, Massachusetts and New York, returning once again to the top three positions. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Texas and newcomer Michigan. Texas has made several showings in our weekly top 5 listing over the past few months, and currently ranks fourth in total cumulative funding over the past fourteen weeks. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity