The company will use the funding to expand to all 50 states by the end of the year. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Pill Club, a birth control delivery startup, has raised $41.9M in an extended Series B with participation from Google Ventures, Shasta Ventures, iGlobe Partners, and VMG Partners, among others.
How’s the company performing?
- California-based Pill Club is an online birth control prescription delivery service that offers more than 120 brands of pills and emergency contraception.
- The company has delivered 5M prescriptions to date and its products are available in over 43 states.
- Pill Club recorded over $100M in annual run rate (ARR).
- The company recently launched its dermatology service and expanded its period care pilot service.
Source: Pill Club
Why does the market matter?
- The global female technology market is projected to reach a value of $50B by 2025, according to CB Insights’ Industry Analyst Consensus.
- An increasing focus by investors, governments, and corporate entities on women’s health, along with the momentum to reduce gender disparities, is one of the key drivers of this growth.
- In 2020, nearly $1.7B was raised in funding through 240 deals by companies that sell women’s health products.